Konjac Sponge

I don’t know about you but I’ve been seeing these Konjac sponges* talked about a lot recently and I’ve been very intrigued. The Konjac Sponge Company kindly sent me one to try out and put my curiosity to rest!

Konjac Sponge Company Camomile SpongeKonjac Sponges are made from the Amorphophallus Konjac plant root. This root contains lots of nutrients including vitamins A, E, D, amino acids and lots of minerals. It is also a natural alkaline so can help balance the skin’s PH. But why, you might be asking, would you use this on your face? The sponge cleanses and exfoliates skin but is ultra gentle so can be even used around the delicate eye area. You can use it with or without cleanser and it is suitable for all skin types (something that I love to hear as so many products don’t work for sensitive skin!) The sponge is 100% natural, vegan and cruelty free. It removes makeup and makes skin feel softer and smoother.

The Konjac Sponge Company have also created numerous sponges infused with different clays and powders to suit different skin types. They kindly sent me the Konjac Sponge* infused with Camomile which is great for soothing sensitive skin.

Konjac Sponge Company Konjac Sponge

I was rather surprised with how solid this sponge is. It feels really rough too so I was definitely apprehensive about using this. The instructions say to soak the sponge in warm water for a few minutes until it becomes squishy and soft like jelly.

The texture of this sponge is so weird when you run it under warm water it expands and really does feel jelly like! You ring it out and massage it around the face in circular motions. It’s so gentle and really is safe to use around the eye area like the Konjac Sponge Company claim. It makes your skin feel very clean and soft. I’ve been using this for a just under a month now and I’m really impressed with it.

Konjac Sponge Company Camomile Sponge

Although The Konjac Sponge Company say this can be used with a cleanser, I like to cleanse first and then use this after as I feel it will make the sponge last longer. It exfoliates very well but feels so gentle you don’t notice.

With proper care the sponge can last for up to six months. It’s important to ring it out and hang it up to dry in an open, dry area for example a towel rail. (not in the shower!) As it dries it hardens again and shrinks back to its original size. This is going to be great to travel with as it’s so light and compact!

I’m seriously impressed with my Konjac Sponge. I’d definitely advise getting one and trying it out. I’ll definitely be repurchasing when this one is past it’s best.

I hope you enjoyed hearing about this sponge. Have you ever tried a Konjac sponge?

Follow me on Bloglovin‘ | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest |

1. May 16, 2017 / 9:24 am

Oh wow! This sounds so interesting! I haven’t seen it before. But it sounds great! And your review of the product is amazing!

2. Yiota
    May 16, 2017 / 11:12 am

I haven’t tried a konjac sponge before but it sounds like I need one, especially for summer when I need something extra for my skin.

Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

3. May 16, 2017 / 12:19 pm

This sounds amazing, I definitely need to give it a try!

Chloe x
    Thengguidetolondon.co.uk

4. ThatGirlYT
    May 16, 2017 / 1:00 pm

I’d never heard of this sponge before, but it sounds very intriguing. Do you think it’d be worth purchasing for a beginner in skincare like me?

xoxo
    Freya
    thatgirlyt.wordpress.com

• May 16, 2017 / 1:22 pm

Oh definitely!! It’s so easy to use and if you’re not majorly into skincare it’s great because it cuts out the need to cleanse and exfoliate! Well worth trying one out and see what you think. Make sure to get the right one for your skin type, if you’re not sure about which infused one to pick then send me a message or try out the pure Konjac Sponge as it works for all skin types!

• ThatGirlYT
        May 16, 2017 / 2:44 pm

I’ll definitely have a look then, and if I’m having any trouble I’ll hit you up! 🙂

xoxo
        Freya

5. May 16, 2017 / 1:19 pm

I just got one of these sponges as a gift, but I’ve been hesitant to use it! Now I can’t wait to give it a try xx.

• May 16, 2017 / 1:23 pm

It’s so good! You will be amazed at how the texture changes when you put it under water! Let me know how you get on with it!

• May 16, 2017 / 1:24 pm

Awesome! I definitely will. Have you tried the ones with charcoal in them? xx.

6. lolitambonita
    May 16, 2017 / 2:55 pm

I have not even heard of them but I want one now. I like that fact it expands. Thats cool! x
    Lola Mia // http://www.lolitabonita.co.uk

7. May 16, 2017 / 7:01 pm

I read this earlier on my lunch break! It sounds so cool!! Xx

8. May 16, 2017 / 7:07 pm

I’ve always been super curious about these sponges! I’ve been thinking of trying out a charcoal infused one, think I might finally take the plunge now!

9. May 16, 2017 / 7:28 pm

Oh I think I’ll give this a try, I get eczema on my face and my skin is really dry and flaky some maybe something like this could help. I’ll have to see if there are any reviews up there for people with eczema prone skin.

10. May 16, 2017 / 7:36 pm

I hadn’t heard of this before but it sounds amazing. I think I’ll have to give it a try!

11. May 16, 2017 / 7:44 pm

Wow, I haven’t heard of these sponges before. I love the idea of them though. They look really interesting so I might have to give them a go.

12. May 17, 2017 / 12:12 am

I love Konjac sponge. I have been using the one with red French clay.

13. Tasha louise
    May 18, 2017 / 8:55 am

I really like the sound of this as a lot of sponges are really harsh on the eye area!

14. May 20, 2017 / 8:40 pm

Very interesting though I am a bit apprehensive regarding it being a bit on the rough side. But I should check this one out; have to step up my skincare game a bit.

xo, B.

• May 20, 2017 / 11:15 pm

It’s only rough when it’s dry. Once you run it under water it becomes soft and jelly like, it’s the most amazing thing!

15. May 20, 2017 / 9:09 pm

I actually have one tucked away in a drawer but I was nervous about trying it, I have no idea why (I like to create things to worry about I think haha). I think I might give it a go this weekend. 🙂

• May 20, 2017 / 11:16 pm

I like to worry about things too, you’re not alone! Definitely worth pulling it out and giving it a go, they’re so gentle on the skin but do an amazing job!

16. June 6, 2017 / 10:45 pm

I see this around a lot. Still not sure about buying one though. How does it compare with sonic brush?

• June 6, 2017 / 10:47 pm

Brushes in my opinion are far too harsh, especially for sensitive skin. This is honestly so insanely gentle! It really cleans your skin without irritating it even slightly. It’s well worth giving one a go in my opinion, I couldn’t be without mine now! If you need any help picking one to suit your skin type do let me know and I’ll try and help!

• June 7, 2017 / 7:57 am