Tropika Skin Coconut Cleansing Oil

Tropika kindly got in contact and sent me one of their coconut cleansing oils* to try out. I’ve never used an oil cleanser before, I tend to stick to creams or balms so I was really intrigued by this.

Tropika is a small family brand ran by a mum of five. All products are used by her children so you know they’ll be safe for sensitive skin! They’re cruelty free and all natural. They use sustainably sourced Malaysian coconut oil which is grown without pesticides or chemicals.

Tropika skin cleansing coconut oil

The oil comes in a squeezy bottle and as expected is very runny. The smell isn’t overpowering though obviously smells of coconut. I firstly used it to cleanse my face on a day when I wasn’t wearing any makeup. You put four or five drops on your hand and then add a little bit of water to turn the oil into a silky milk. It’s so incredibly soothing and gentle and I really enjoyed using it. It doesn’t strip your skin like some cleaners do so my face still felt soft and hydrated.

I’ve also used this to remove my makeup. I had pretty full coverage foundation on and as much as this oil definitely took the majority of it off, I didn’t feel like it was 100% gone. After a second go though my skin felt completely clean. I think this oil works better as a second cleanser after you’ve removed your makeup using a balm (my preferred method) or as a cleanser on no makeup days.

Tropika coconut skin cleansing oil

I think this cleanser is going to be great on days when my skin is irritated and upset and I need to use something very gentle. This is such a great cleanser for sensitive skin. I’ve been obsessed with coconut recently so I absolutely love the smell.

You can buy this cleansing oil direct from the Tropika site for £17.99. As you only need a few drops of oil this bottle is going to last ages so I think this is great value and totally worth it for the gentle, natural ingredients.

Have you tried any Tropika products or a cleansing oil?

Follow me on Bloglovin‘ | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest |

Spread the love

1. June 19, 2017 / 9:20 am

Thanks for sharing this product, this is something I definitely want to get my hands on. Looking forward to your future posts.
    Stop by my space sometime,
    Mena | femmerewritten.com 🌻✨

2. June 19, 2017 / 4:07 pm

I’m using The Body Shop Cammomile cleaning balm at the minute, although I do love to use coconut oil to remove makeup too x x

3. June 19, 2017 / 5:24 pm

This product looks amazing. I love everything coconut based. I’m obsessed whit coconut sent. It’s so summery and beautiful. Need to try out this cleansing oil. x

Antonia || Sweet Passions

4. June 19, 2017 / 5:35 pm

Looks like an awesome product. I have sensitive skin so good to have a gentle cleansing product that won’t irritate.

5. June 19, 2017 / 5:38 pm

Coconut is one of my favorite scents! But I always get nervous about using oil-based products, since I break out so easily. It sounds like this one works nicely for sensitive skin, though!

xx
    Emily
    emilyhallock.blogspot.com

6. Velvet Blush
    June 19, 2017 / 5:44 pm

I was really interested in reading your review after seeing this on your instagram page! It sounds great for dry skin, as sometimes I want something that won’t strip my skin, especially on days where I’m only wearing SPF 🙂 xx

Velvet Blush

7. June 19, 2017 / 6:14 pm

Sounds and looks amazing! I love coconut oil and can’t wait to try this out! Thankyou for your review xx

8. June 19, 2017 / 6:29 pm

I didn’t know the brand before reading this so obviously, I never had the chance to try it. I really like the sound of it. I am looking for a new cleansing oil at the moment so it’s perfect timing! xx corinne

9. June 19, 2017 / 8:12 pm

Oh I’ve seen this brand on Instagram and I was curious what they were like. I agree an oil cleanser like this is lovely on an irritated skin day.

10. June 21, 2017 / 9:49 pm

I love coconut oil and definitely have sensitive skin. This product sounds right up my alley. I get what you mean about it being better as a finishing cleanser. I love my current cleanser, but I still like to do a second once over after I’ve washed my face.

Breanna Catharina
    toocuteforlife.com

11. June 21, 2017 / 10:54 pm

Hi 🙂 I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the mystery blogger award! If you have a look at my latest post for more details 😬

12. June 22, 2017 / 8:49 am

this looks amazing! i so want to try this! i love your pictures by the way x

13. Chloe Rennard
    June 23, 2017 / 3:14 pm

I love this! The photography is so beautiful!

14. June 26, 2017 / 7:57 pm

Great post I keep reading your blog and by to buy list is just growing & growing!