Urban Veda Facial Oils

You may have seen my post a while back introducing you to the brand Urban Veda. The two moisturisers I tried have become firm favourites. They’re both staples in my skincare routine. The pots are actually nearly almost finished and I’ll definitely be restocking. You can read more about the principles of Urban Veda in my original post or on the Urban Veda website. The basic principle though is based on Ayurveda, an accient philosophy that splits each skintype into a ‘doshas’ dependant on your emotional and physical tendencies. Urban Veda have created a different range for each dosha containing both body and facial products. All the ingredients are natural and everything is vegan and cruelty free!

Urban Veda Facial Oil new release Pitta kapha dosha sensitive skin oily breakout skincare

Urban Veda have just recently added another product to each ‘dosha’ range and it’s perfect for this time of year! Each range now has a facial oil suited to your skin type! I’ve been trying out two of the oils, their Soothing Facial Oil* and their Purifying Facial Oil*.

Soothing Facial Oil*

This gorgeous oil smells as amazing as my day cream and night cream. As for the whole Pitta range (my skintype) this oil is scented with sandalwood, rosemary, ylang ylang, peppermint, clary sage and palmarosa. This blend of natural ingredients smell absolutely amazing together and totally remind me of being in a spa. I use this oil morning and night and I’m completely hooked! It soothes skin and minimises redness as well as hydrating my face through out the day and night. This oil isn’t heavy, which is why I think it’s perfect for everyday. It packs a punch though so it’s intensive enough to be a night oil.

Purifying Facial Oil*

Although my skin isn’t oily, I tend to get very congested around my tzone area, my forehead and chin particularly so I though I’d see how this oil worked on those areas. The Purifying Facial Oil has a very different scent to my usual Pitta range. Kapha (the oily skintype dosha) products are scented with moringa, gotu kola and neem. This oil also contains witch hazel to fight breakouts and I think this is what gives it such a distinctive scent. I’ve been using this oil on my forehead and chin during breakouts to help speed up the healing process. Although dying your spots out by using something like tea tree can make them look better quickly, this actually causes more scaring so they seem to stay for longer, even if they’re not still ‘active’.  By hydrating spots, they heal a little slower but they won’t scar as easily so they’ll stay gone for longer!

No surprises but I am completely sold on both of these facial oils. The Soothing Facial Oil in particular is perfect for popping on before you go to sleep at night, it’s definitely going to be a winter staple and I love that it works well with my Urban Veda Night Cream.

Have you tried anything from Urban Veda yet? Head over to their website to take the online survey to discover your dosha and the range most suited to your skin type. Do you like to use a facial oil in the colder weather?

Spread the love

1. October 30, 2017 / 10:57 am

I’ve been trying to find a good facial oil for sooo long and not been successful in my search. These sound amazing.. i’ve not tried anything from urban veda but now i’m really tempted!x

2. October 30, 2017 / 5:07 pm

Unfortunately I have to be very careful about oils and moisturises I use but I do like the sound of the soothing oil and will definitely be investigating further! Also your photos are lovely with great lighting!

3. Laura Jacques
    October 30, 2017 / 7:12 pm

Ooh that second oil for oily skin sounds lush! I’ll definitely have a look at buying that one 😊🖤

4. October 31, 2017 / 11:50 am

I love facial oils for the night time but can never wear them in the day as otherwise my makeup seems to slide off haha! I currently have the Kiehls Midnight Recovery. I absolutely love the scent of Moringa and I’ve heard such great things about products that contain witch hazel for fighting off spots so the purifying one would be perfect for me!
    Alice Xx

5. October 31, 2017 / 1:19 pm

I haven’t used a facial oil for years but these do sounds really good, I’m definitely going to check out their site now! Great post and gorgeous photos xx

emily x ❤ | emilyloula.com​

6. October 31, 2017 / 1:28 pm

I have the sandalwood one too and I have been loving it! x

7. October 31, 2017 / 7:09 pm

I have to be very careful with what facial products I use, but these do look delightful. If I could I would choose the purifying one.

8. Corinne and Kirsty
    October 31, 2017 / 7:14 pm

Still super in love with your photography! amazing as always! i didn’t know that brand but the oils sound amazing really! xx corinne

9. October 31, 2017 / 7:21 pm

I’ve never used a facial oil before, because I’ve been really worried that it will just make my T-Zone overly oily and disgusting! I love that the second contains hazel though, because I tend to break out a lot – I may just have to give that a try and see how it works for my skin! 🙊

10. October 31, 2017 / 7:21 pm

I’m actually in need of a new oil and these two sound just great. Thanks for sharing.
    Lea, xx

11. October 31, 2017 / 10:59 pm

These look great – I hadn’t heard of the brand before. I only recently started using facial oils – they are so good! x

12. November 1, 2017 / 8:32 am

I’ve never heard of this until you mentioned them! The soothing face oil sounds fab. I’m gonna have to take a look at the website. I love sandalwood and ylang ylang 👌

13. Robyn
    November 1, 2017 / 6:44 pm

I’m on a real face oil kick now – I’m excited to put these on my wish list !

14. November 5, 2017 / 3:39 am

I’ve never heard of this brand but I am such a fan of oils! Especially year round – they really help keep the skin balanced.

Cindy | http://www.cindyhyue.com