18 Week Pregnancy Update + Bumpie

Week 18 has been one of best and worst pregnancy weeks so far! There have been a lot of ups and downs (I’m going to blame hormones!) I guess that’s to be expected as my pregnancy progresses though.

18 Week pregnancy update and bumpie baby bump

Symptoms

We’ll start with the beat bit of this week, I’ve finally started to feel my little Squish move!! I’m literally so excited by this. We were on the plane to Italy when I felt the first little flutters. It almost felt like tiny little pops of popcorn, only three or four ‘pops’ and that was it. As the week’s gone on though I’ve definitely felt more little movements and I absolutely love it! It’s so nice to feel those little reassuring kicks and know Squish is wriggling happily about in there! I can’t wait til they’re a little more pronounced and I can tell the difference between kicks and rolls!

The really sucky part of week 18 has been my recurring back pain. As we’ve been in Italy I sadly couldn’t pack my giant pregnancy pillow and boy have a missed it! My back has been in absolute agony most nights, I also stupidly forgot my bump support band so I’ve had nothing to help my back this week and it’s really got me down. I cannot wait to get back to my precious pregnancy pillow and I have a birthing ball waiting at home from me when we get back from Italy as I’ve read it can really help to ease back pain. Obviously I’ll be able to use it in labour too so it’ll be good to get some practice in!

Like Week 17, I have also been needing to pee CONSTANTLY! It is continuing to be the most frustrating thing in the world and makes going places next to impossible as I need to check that there’s a bathroom everywhere we go. I’m praying that the pressure on my bladder eases over the next week or two or I am going to get seriously irritated with another 20 or so weeks of this!

My final symptom this week has been how much bigger my boobs have gotten! I feel like over night they’ve ballooned and all of my maternity bras are really small. I’m thinking I’ll have to get remeasured when we get back home to make sure my bras are giving me that much needed support.

Bumpie

18 Week pregnancy update and bumpie baby bump

I’m starting to feel more comfortable now with my body as my bump definitely looks like a bump rather than just fat and eating too much! I can just and no more fit in to my favourite Topshop dungarees, I think in the next week or two I’ll be completely in maternity bottoms. I can still get away with some of my prepregnancy tops, they ride up a little but hopefully I’ve a few more weeks left in them! It gets a little frustrating when your wardrobe is so limited!

As always I hope you enjoyed my 18 Week Update. If you’re expecting, how did you find your 18th week? Is back pain something you suffered with throughout your pregnancy?
18 Week pregnancy update and bumpie baby bump

1. March 25, 2018 / 8:07 pm

Ahh that’s so exciting that you felt your baby move, and congratulations, looking forward to reading more of your updates! 🙂 x

2. March 25, 2018 / 8:08 pm

congratulations of being pregnant lovely. I enjoyed reading this, it was very interesting and I would love to read more about your journey! I can imagine how frustrating it is to go to the toilet all the time!! x

3. March 25, 2018 / 8:17 pm

I’m so glad you’ve started to feel squish move around and kick! 😁 my friend said her boobs went up 4 cup sizes when she was pregnant 😳 xx

Jade | jademarie.co.uk

4. March 25, 2018 / 8:17 pm

I am loving your pregnancy updates! They are making me so broody. I know there’s still a while to go but I can’t wait for your little girl to be born

5. March 25, 2018 / 8:23 pm

Awh how cute. Yep my back pain came in around 18-20 week stage and stayed until birth, I found out it was because baby was laying back to back and that can cause pain. I loved it when my bump finally started to show because I really started to feel pregnant! 😊

6. perrinevautour
    March 25, 2018 / 8:24 pm

It must so weird to feel something move in your tummy.. This might sound weird but it kind of freaks me out and it’s one of the things I’m dreading when I’ll be pregnant lol

Perrine

7. March 25, 2018 / 8:58 pm

aww this is so cute, I’m glad everything is going well for you! x

8. Lea
    March 25, 2018 / 9:01 pm

it must be soooo nice to finally feel your baby move inside you. And this post was so lovely to read. I hope your pregnacy goes well and you won’t have that much back pain anymore.

9. March 25, 2018 / 9:05 pm

My aunt suffered terribly with back pain in both her pregnancies, it’s understandable though when you’re carrying a growing human inside of you! I wish you lots of luck with your journey and am looking forward to seeing how it goes for you, hope the constant peeing eases up haha!
    Alice Xx

10. March 25, 2018 / 11:14 pm

I’m loving these update posts! Sorry to hear about the pack pain while you were away, I’m sure all those hours on the bus didn’t help with that. So exciting that you’re feeling movement!! Hope Squish doesn’t start dancing on your bladder even more haha x

Sophie

11. March 26, 2018 / 1:16 am

You have the cutest baby bump! I just came across your blog and I loved reading this! Hoping that you continue to have a safe and happy pregnancy!

cabin twenty-four

12. March 26, 2018 / 3:38 pm

I’m only 18 and for me pregnancy is a long way away but it’s so exciting reading updates like this because pregnancy is such a lovely thing. I’m wishing you and little squish a happy and healthy pregnancy x