Summer Outdoor Inspo

This heatwave combined with finally being on maternity leave has got me in the mood to do up our garden. Perfect for summer bbq nights and relaxing in the shade during the day. Unfortunately we don’t have any grass in our back garden and it’s not huge either so I’m having to get creative with planters, plant pots and other furniture to create the perfect outdoor space.

Summer garden outdoor inspo inspiration

I love heading to my local garden centre to pick up different plants. I’m slowly getting better at working out what plants look and work best together. As well as plants, Tim and I have actually made a vegetable patch in a large raised planter. Although this obviously won’t replace the veggies we buy with our weekly shop it’ll be nice to be able to eat some home grown fresh produce! I picked up some gorgeous Orla Kiely Pruners* and matching Gardening Gloves* from Amara to help me maintain my plants and veggies. I’m so in love with the pattern and the purners work amazingly. They come with a handy carry case to keep them protected and prevent them from rusting!

I’m also lusting after a Rattan style Furniture set for our patio area at the back of the garden. It’s a nice shaded area during the day so would be perfect to sit out and read a book or catch up on some blog work. It gets the evening sun though so would be a great area for a BBQ or even to add a fire pit to so we can toast some marshmallows! I think the L shaped sofas in particular look super comfy.

Here’s a few other bits I’m eyeing up, I think they’d make a perfect addition to a small but stylish garden. I love the thought of hanging lights in the garden to make it super cosy in the evenings!

Do you like doing work to your outdoor space during the summer months? Do you have any tips for making the most out of a small back garden?

1. July 4, 2018 / 12:11 pm

I really want to get new outdoor furniture but may wait for th sale later in the year and have it for next summer xx

• palegirlrambling
      Author
      July 13, 2018 / 9:17 pm

Oh yes that’s a great idea! I’m really hoping I’ll pick up a furniture set in the sales at a bargain price!

2. July 4, 2018 / 3:07 pm

I’m loving being back home and having a garden to enjoy over the summer. Can’t wait til I have my own to buy some gorgeous garden furniture!

Faye Jessica | fayejessica.co.uk

• palegirlrambling
      Author
      July 13, 2018 / 9:18 pm

It’s the best having your own garden to decorate! We’ve been so lucky with this summer weather!

3. July 5, 2018 / 10:28 am

that door! so instagrammable aha! Sadly I live in an apartment so don’t have the luxury of a garden! but when I eventually have my own there are lots of bits and bobs I’ll take inspiration from here! xx

G

• palegirlrambling
      Author
      July 13, 2018 / 9:19 pm

Aww I’d be so frustrated not having a garden! You can still decorate your apartment with lots of plants though, I have multiple trees in my house as well as plants! Hehe

• palegirlrambling
      Author
      July 13, 2018 / 9:20 pm

Ahh I’m sure they look amazing! Flamingos are so in this year!

4. Mummy Cat
    July 5, 2018 / 12:52 pm

that door is so pretty! i wish we had a garden as id be out in it all the time

5. July 5, 2018 / 3:19 pm

I’m outside allll the time right now and it has totally given me the bug to look at my garden furniture and my exteriors! Loving all the rattan garden furniture right now!

• palegirlrambling
      Author
      July 13, 2018 / 9:20 pm

Rattan furniture is so beautiful isn’t it! It looks so classic and like it’ll never go out of style! I need to treat myself to some!

6. shaunaclairesop
    July 5, 2018 / 7:32 pm

I’ve literally just been garden furniture shopping so this post has come at the absolute perfect time!! Some really lovely pieces here.

Shauna | https://goddessguide.co.uk

7. July 5, 2018 / 9:07 pm

Those Orla Kiely garden tools are gorgeous! I love the print, in fact, I love every Orla Kiely print! They’re so unique and beautiful aren’t they! x

• palegirlrambling
      Author
      July 13, 2018 / 9:21 pm

Orla Kiely prints really are stunning aren’t they! I need to get myself a duvet and some towels from them! Next on my wish list!

8. July 7, 2018 / 9:56 am

I love spending time out in our garden, it’s filled with my favourite flowers and high bushes, so luckily it’s very private. I do think I need that link door!

Sharon xx

rosieloveslife.co.uk

• palegirlrambling
      Author
      July 13, 2018 / 9:22 pm

I need to get some higher bushes! I’m lettting our hedges grow up to try and get us some privacy!

9. July 9, 2018 / 1:53 am

I really need to start creating an outdoor space I love. Our garden is so tiny though that we can’t really fit much in it which is gutting. Love those tools!

Heather | x Highland Beauty