35 Week Pregnancy Update + Bumpie

It is 28 days until Squish’s due date and I just need baby to hurry up and arrive! My birthday is on Saturday and honestly once that’s out of the way I’ll be more than happy for Squish to arrive any day! We’re getting the Snuzpod built this week, our travel system has arrived, every blanket and item of clothing has been washed and lovingly folded and we’ve got the car seat and hospital bags ready to go. Basically we’re ready to meet our baby! The thought of waiting 3/4 more weeks is seriously frustrating!

Symptoms

Honestly I don’t think I’ve had any new symptoms this week. Like 34 weeks my boobs are still leaking so Lansinoh breast pads are my best friend. My sleep and moods are still up the left (but let’s be serious that’s been the case for weeks!) and I’m still feeling like a fat beached whale! Pregnancy sounds so appealing doesn’t it?!

I feel my back has been sorer this past week and I’m definitely struggling to stay as active, a simple walk up the stairs and I’m ready for a nap. I guess that’s just due to carrying around so much extra weight.

Squish doesn’t seem to have dropped yet as he or she has kindly lodged their foot into my rib cage on two occasions this week! I have a midwife appointment on Wednesday though so I’m hoping she’ll be able to tell me if Squish is engaged or not yet as I know for first baby’s this normally happens around 34/35 weeks.

Bumpie

We’re heading to an ‘active birthing’ workshop this week to get a little extra support with hypnobirthing, learn some natural ways to help with labour and also to see the rooms where I’ll hopefully be giving birth! I’m really looking forward to it and think it’s definitely going to make things a lot more real!

Is there any symptoms in the final few weeks that I should be looking out for? Anything you wish you’d done in your last few weeks before baby arrived?

1. July 18, 2018 / 10:22 am

Aww, not long til Squish will arrive, I hope the last few weeks aren’t too uncomfortable for you. Good luck at your birthing workshop.

Sharon xx

rosieloveslife.co.uk

2. thevioletblonde
    July 18, 2018 / 6:19 pm

Ahh I honestly can’t believe you’re now 35 weeks along, it’s crazy. My pregnancy feels like it’s going super slowly in comparison haha. I hope the active birthing workshop goes well, I’d be curious to hear your thoughts, especially in relation to the hypno-birthing side of things. xx

Kristy | http://www.thevioletblonde.com/

3. July 18, 2018 / 7:53 pm

Ahhh not long to go! The back pain sounds awful not gonna lie!
    Rosie

4. July 18, 2018 / 8:17 pm

Not long now! I’m learning so much about pregnancy from your posts.

Faye Jessica | fayejessica.co.uk

5. July 19, 2018 / 10:53 am

Ah not much longer to go! Bet you’re so excited xx

6. July 19, 2018 / 11:03 am

Oh wow your pregnancy seems to be flying by! Not long now! Back pain is awful though I hope you get some relief soon x

7. July 19, 2018 / 12:49 pm

I’ve never heard of hypnobirthing! I’m intrigued. It’s so lovely to hear about your journey, how sweet will it be to be able to look back on this! xx

G

8. shaunaclairegg
    July 26, 2018 / 5:27 pm

Ahhh I am so so excited for you!!

9. Mummy Cat
    July 31, 2018 / 8:04 am

such a beautiful bump! I was very much like you, my birthday is 10 days before my youngest and i wanted to reach 30 before having her hah! back ache can be a right pain but a warm bath usually helped me

10. dianawills
    August 10, 2018 / 10:07 am

Oh, the memories I get when I look at the photos of the bump 🙂 But then again, I remember the pain in my feet – it was unbearable, the only thing I could wear were the comftiest womens birkenstock and I remember saying that my next baby has to come in summer too, ’cause you can’t wear them in the winter time 😀