This isn’t the usual post you’ll find on PaleGirlRambling but I just had to share my newly found chocolate chip cookie recipe! I’ve been baking cookies since I was around 6 or 7 with my mum and they’ve always ended up more like a flat cake than a cookie much to my dismay. I then developed a diary allergy so was no longer able to use butter in my recipe making it even more difficult to achieve the perfect cookie. To me the perfect cookie is a chewy yet crunchy cookie loaded with chocolate chips. I made it my mission to create the ultimate dairy free cookie and today I think I finally aced it! So whether you have a dairy allergy or you’ve had to go dairy free for a dairy intolerant breastfed baby this is the cookie recipe for you!
These cookies need to be made with a stand mixer to get the right consistency but don’t need to be chilled before baking. It’s super important to mix up the sugar, butter and egg mixture for at least five minutes until it changes to a lighter colour and rises in volume, this is what gives the cookies the perfect consistency.
I only used one pack of chocolate chips but I think 2 would be much better!
This recipe makes around 14 cookies depending on how big you like them to be!
Ultimate Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Baking Tray
- Microwave safe bowl
- stand mixer
- 225 grams light brown sugar
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 150 grams dairy free butter (I used vitalite)
- 1 medium egg
- 250 grams self raising flour
- 2 pack chocolate chips (I used Dr Oteker Dark)
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees and prepare a baking tray with some parchment paper
- Melt the dairy free butter in the microwave for 40 seconds, mix and allow to cool
- Add the melted butter and both sugars to a stand mixer and combine on a low setting
- Add the egg to your sugar and butter mixer. Mix on medium for atleast 5 minutes until the mixture has become lighter in colour and increased in volume
- Add the flour bit by bit on a slow setting
- Finally add the chocolate chips and stir in by hand. You will know your mixture is the right consistency if the chocolate chips are difficult to mix through.
- Use a table spoon of mixture per cookie. Ideally only have 6 per tray as they do expand quite a bit. Keep the remaining mixture in the fridge until each set of 6 is baked.
- Place in the preheated oven at 190 degrees for 18 minutes for the perfect crispy yet chewy cookie. If you’d prefer it to be less crispy bake for slightly less time.
- Once baked leave on the tray for a minute or two to allow the cookie to harden before transferring to a cooling rack.
I am so chuffed with these cookies, the ultimate chocolate chip cookie. They’re extremely addictive! You could mix up the chocolate chips for macadamia nuts or some dairy free smarties too.